My Picks


Monday, April 7, 2008

Loving Your Pet is One Thing..... But Come On!!


Okay so the other day, as we were putting a search in for a certain breed of dog (my husbands thing), we came across this website where you can get products for all your pets needs. Anything from caskets, to urns, to keepsakes, engravings, to headstones, and even funeral services. Do people really do this? I was amazed to see that there are actually pet funeral homes and tiny caskets. I was also intrigued that there were pet cemetaries too? I thought that was just a movie. I know I have never seen one. The prices for these services are so reasonable ranging from $120- $550 per product. So, as I sat and pondered on the many services offered, I thought of you Steve and your poor little doggies that are on their last leg. Now you know how to best care for them as they pass on from this life. The joy they will have knowing that they had the best of love when they left this life. For anyone out there who loves their pet, please let them know that they were loved when they leave this world by giving them the proper burial or have them creamated to always have a piece of them on your mantle. For only the price of an arm and a leg, you too can cherish the memories of your pet.

13 comments:

Kelly said...

I never knew you could purchase stuff like that. I just used a baggie.

Kimbie said...

I was watching TV a while back and people make Dog houses with tv's and stereo systems and couches in them. They were like mansions. So our house would be a dog house for Bruts when he is full grown. It was radiculious. Don't know how to spell.

Tiercy said...

Wow, dogs. I HATE DOGS!!! okay, it's really the dog owners who let their dogs go poo in my yard. Why does noone ever carry a poop bag with them when they walk thier dogs? Do they think it's magically going to scoop itself up. Maybe their dogs poo doesn't stink.

Mikki said...

Yep I am kind of notorious for being an animal hater! (is it hater or hatter??) I love watching the horses as I pass by, the zoo is probably my favorite place, and yea I loved my pets growing up... but I am with Tiercy on the pooing on the lawn and the dang cats that wake me up in the middle of the night with the mating, oh yea and the cat vomit on my deck, cat hair on my patio furniture, and the dog barking... Yep I have a little built up hostility for domestic animals that think that my yard is home!

Anonymous said...

Meeeeeoooow!

Amberli said...

i must admit that i kind of don't get the whole treat your pet like a person deal. i remember in california this lady had to take a week of work to grieve the loss of her dog which she had buried in a super expensive pet cemetary in newport beach overlooking the ocean - umm, i'm pretty sure you could afford a condo at that price!

marci said...

I am not an animal person, either, but I did know a girl that when she found her dog was dead gave it a bath and painted its toenails before she took it to be cremated. She didn't want it to be dirty when it was turned into ashes. CRAZY!

I think she keeps the ashes in a box or something on her fireplace. kind of creepy!

Anonymous said...

Burn...Burn I say. How dare you. These animals have feelings too and you shame them as if they were rocks. But they aren't rocks they are animals with feelings and hearts and minds. It's just fine, you won't be around them anyways because all dogs go to heaven and you will be in the other really hot burning place.

Shame on you!

Not quite the Bradys said...

First- PLEASE tell me Pamela is joking...(?)

Second- Where did you go?

Angela said...

Alice,

Sorry. I was down south for spring break. Just now getting back into life again. I read your blog and a lot has happened while I was gone.
P.S. Congrats!

Angela said...

Dear Pamela,

I like the heat, and hopefully you do too cause it sounds like we might be spending a lot of time together. Hopefully there will be cabana boys to serve margaritas.

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

P.S. Pamela,

I love that show. All Dogs Go To Heaven! Charlie, that little rascal winding his biological clock back. You can never come back Charlie, you can never come back. Although, he came back so I guess there is hope for all of us. Maybe we won't be spending that much time together after all.