My Picks


Saturday, May 24, 2008

"Old Faithful!"



Okay, so a couple of days ago, Logan had to go to the bathroom so he went and a few minutes later,ran out of the bathroom completely traumatized. He was crying so hard, he couldn't even talk. I tried to get out of him what was wrong. I asked him if he didn't make it to the toilet and had an accident or if he got hurt. He just said, "No, just come here mom." At this point, I am thinking that I am going to find a mouse, or some huge spider in the bathroom that freaked him out so we walk into the bathroom and what to my dismay.

There was water everywhere but it didn't look like the toilet had overflowed it looked like it was sprayed everywhere. I asked Logan what happened, and he said," The water just sprayed out of the toilet." I then asked him if he even flushed the toilet and he said,"No."
So as I was cleaning it up, I started hearing weird knocking in the walls and the drains were making funny noises. I immediately call Brad and explained that Old Faithful had gone off in our bathroom. He had me check a few things inside the tank and things checked out to be normal. We were just baffled of what had happened.

The next day, our neighbor across the street called Brad and said," I have a strange question for you, did you have some sort of sewer surge yesterday because when I got home all of my toilets were wet and there was water on the floor by them." Brad said," as a matter of fact, Yes" and explained what had happened with Logan.


Our neighbor explained that he had called the city and asked what had happened and it turns out that they were pressurizing one of the man holes on our street and put too much air into the pipe and therefore it caused the sewer surge or "Old Faithful" in the toilets.

Poor Logan. The kid is completely traumatized and refuses to use that toilet even though we explained what had happened. It is sad that our kid is scared of his own house considering he is already scared of our jetted tub as last year, when he was in it and it wasn't completely filled past the jets and he accidentally bumped the button to turn on the jets but didn't know he had bumped the button. He just thought it did it on its own and water sprayed all over the bathroom then. That was a year ago and he still won't use the jetted tub so I'm pretty sure it will be quite a while before he uses the toilet again.

Brads comment was,"Well, I don't think we have to worry about him wanting to become a plumber."

The good thing is that Logan had just gotten off the toilet before it had exploded. I can't imagine what we would be dealing with if he was still sitting on the toilet when it happened but I'm pretty sure it would involve counseling. We love you Logan and hope that you will overcome these issues sometime before you hit puberty.


Its just a good thing when Brad installed the plumbing, he didn't install a
bidet.

8 comments:

Tiercy said...

This is a funny experience. i was home when this happened to my toilets too. i went out and asked the guy if this was suppose to happen and he said no. But it's something they need to do once a year he said. So wait for it. Luckily for me, Laney wasn't sitting on the toilet either (She's potty trained now, just barely!).

Tiercy said...

I forgot to say, Poor Logan. This is just one of life's experiences that you'll turn into a cool version when you are older.

Not quite the Bradys said...

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious! And terrible. Terrible and hilarious. Poor kid. Poor you. I bet that was fun to clean up. ;)

Swasey Times said...

So funny! You have the most interesting experiences. It's what makes life exciting. :)
Melissa

Kimbie said...

Talk about a Ba-Dave...(inside joke).

Angela said...

BBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAA-DDDDDAAAAVVVVEEEE

Angela said...

Hey kimbie,

go directly to the dairy queen now. do what I say now.

Alisha said...

Interesting... today my VT companion were chased down by a somewhat frantic barefoot neighbor asking if we had a moment. She then explained that she came home to find a river of poo on the floor and no clue how to plunge out everything. I wonder if your story is the explaination as to why that happened. Thank you for the education on reversed potty pressure.