My Picks


Friday, May 30, 2008

You Turn Me On and I Miss You!!!


Oh how I miss you and need you so.
I sit in the driveway with nowhere to go.

I watch the sun rise and I watch the sun set.
You are the best friend that I've ever met.

You are the only one who holds my only key.
How many days til we find you? One, two , or three?

Please come home safely and please come home soon.
Until I see you again, I will sit and watch the moon.

With Love,

Honda.

Okay enough with the rhyming. I do have to ask myself today why I don't listen when I am prompted to do something. The little voice in my head yesterday telling me to go get a second key made for the Honda Accord. Did I do it, NO!

Shame on me, now we sit with no key to the Honda with no spare set. Today Logan came and got the keys without my knowledge because he was so sure he had left something in the car.

He says he brought the keys back in and set them on the stairs. I had seven children at my home today being watched and so it is a very good possibility that he did do what he said and one of the babies walked off with the keys and hid them.

After searching for a while, I asked him if he got into the car or just into the trunk. He told me the trunk. I was a little excited at this point thinking he opened the trunk, set them down, and then after looking for whatever it was he was looking for, closed the trunk. Now the only task was getting inside the car to pop the trunk. How do we do that?.....We call the police to break into the car.

The nice officer came and unlocked the car for me and I eagerly pop the trunk to find.........Nothing. The officer yells out before he leaves, " Are they in there?" I reply with a No.
Thanks anyway officer, at least now I can get the carseat and booster out of the car to transfer to the van.

To make things worse, Brad got called into work tonight and goes to start his truck and..... yip, it won't start. It is completely out of gas so he decides to take the van to the Chevron to fill up a can of gas. About ten minutes after he leaves, my phone rings. This was the conversation:

Me: Hello?
Brad: Hey.
Me: Hey.
Brad: Do you know where our other set of keys to the van are?
Me: No, Why?
Brad: I locked the keys in the van.
Me: No, you can't leave the keys in the car and shut the door. (We have a really dumb security system on the van that will lock the door when you go to open it, don't ask me. All the other doors were locked already because they lock automatically after you hit 15mph.)
Brad: Can you look for them while I walk home.
Me: Yeah, sorry I would come bring them to you but, we can't find the keys to the car, and your truck is out of gas.

Brad finally made it home and we were able to find the other set of van keys. Thank heavens. I sure didn't want to be the one to call the police a second time to break into a second car all in the same day.

At least we have one running vehicle with keys to turn it on. As for the keys to the honda, we hope we find you soon.

The moral of the story is: Make sure you always have a second set of keys to every car, you know where they are, and most importantly, listen to the voice in your head when you are prompted to do something. Oh and don't forget, things always happen in three's..... or fours, or fives.

12 comments:

Kelly said...

Nice Ang...and Brad...and Logan...and..babies who hide things...

Kimbie said...

Yep, things happen in threes for most people, but remember Ang, you're in that 1%. Hope you find them. Love ya. Oh, look in your subwoofer. Kaiyenna was stuffing stuff in ours yesterday!

Anonymous said...

SHcr..this is 889er9. I'm reporting a set of lost key's Out. SHcr

Angela said...

Kimbie

What are you calling from? A walkie talkie?

Kimbie said...

no, it was cordless.

Angela said...

Oh yeah, what number did you call?

Steve said...

This reminds me of a time when I got a call with the car alarm blaring in the background and I hear this panic say the baby is in the van, the van is locked and she is holding the keys. Not a good idea to let baby hold the autodoor lock then close the door. Push the unlock button baby...push the button.

Tiercy said...

Oh Ang, what a funny post! Only because, well...my husband forgot ot mention in the previous blog that it was me who was locked out (or was it obvious?), so I know how you feel. BTW - I would have given the other Silver Lake hotie a ride home. that's what friends are for. So, if there's a next time...

The Coolest Allen Family said...

I have locked myself out of two different cars while they were running! All my fault...cuz I'm a dork.

By the by, you did call the right number. I just didn't hear the phone. I noticed later I had a message from you. Like I said...I am such a dork! Sorry. I'm way excited that your are Ro's cubscout leader. I am sure you rock!

Natalie said...

Girl!! How the crap did I find you? I know the Menlove's and you were in her list. Weird??? Where the crap are you guys living? My blog is humphriesclan.blogspot.com w/out the www. You need to call me my # is still 725-2381 and we can catch up!!!
I miss the crap out of you guys!!! Love, natalie
look at my blog, I'm new at this stuff... leave me comment..

Mikki said...

So I don't mean to laugh at your pain. But it is pretty dang funny. When it rains it pours. I am just impressed that the cop would open it for you. Once Ben locked the keys in our car... in California... while the car was running... yep .... it sucked. Well there was a cop one block up the street and her refused to open it for us. So luckily this kid on a bike had a AAA card and sat and waited for the guy to come so we could get it opened for free... yep... it sucked... but hey it is funny now. :)

Natalie said...

hey what is your number? Call me soon!! I still in Syracuse. I am in justin and michelle's ward. I'm her visiting teacher... Do you still talk to Char? I haven't forever!! Call me!!! not to sound desperate or anything..
nat