My Picks


Monday, June 23, 2008

Coolin it Down!!!


So the long awaited day came for me after two years of waiting... No, I wasn't waiting for a missionary, been there and done my time with that. We now have what modern society likes to call central air. This would have been my third summer running with no A/C and I wasn't havin it any more.

Most of you right now are thinking, "Oh that is great that they can finally afford air conditioning." Not the case. The unit has been sitting on the back patio for a year just waiting to be hooked up. Its called time. The hubby has none especially lately.

We finally broke down and paid someone to hook it up for us and we were so excited to be able to enjoy the cool air. The first day of having it, I was enjoying it thinking no more being hot and what do you know.... the power went out for a couple of hours. Didn't get to enjoy it for very long before it was abrubtly stripped from me again. At least this time it was temporary. I have now been enjoying it for five days. Yay.

Don't tell Brad but now I'm cold all the time and I keep turning the target temperature up. My internal thermostat must be broken..... or I am so used to 90 degrees that I have to adjust to the climate change.

12 comments:

Kimbie said...

I get cold too. But only when I'm down stairs. Up stairs still gets hot. But turning our A/C off cause it gets REALLY hot. So when I'm down stairs I just live in a blanket.

Angela said...

Kimbie...

you should just cut a hole in the middle of the blanket for your head so you are still hands free to take care of kids. Then you wouldn't have to do anything to hide your hooters when you are nursing.

Angela said...

Oh I guess you might need arm holes huh?

The Coolest Allen Family said...

I can't remember what my comment was going to be because I started laughing when I read "hooters". That word gets me everytime! :)

I am glad you are truly able to chill now!

Natalie said...

Ya isn't cool air the best gift ever!! Hate to pay for it though. Still waiting for you to call me goof ball!! I know we all get busy but call me anyway....

Kelly said...

at least you will always know where north is when you're cold!!!

Angela said...

Kelly....

I know where North is even when I'm not cold I swear. Ever since babies man.

Tiercy said...

Yeah, I am so excited for you!!! Every house (okay that would only be 2) I have insisted on central air as an upgrade. I do not like being hot. So glad for you!

Mikki said...

Oh so it is you that caused the power outage!! One more AC unit pushed Eagle Mountain electricity over the edge.

Menlove Family said...

Its always the same old story, like how the plumbers house is always flooded :) I feel the same way. Our dishwasher is still not totally hooked up etc.... I only wish Justin would let me turn the air cooler more! AND Natalie Humphries told us about the connection...way cool!

Taylor said...

Per your comment on our blog...if you think that Meg is "getting the shaft" on travel and fun, just wait for the next post.

:)

Amy said...

Ang- it's me Amy "Burnham" Barney. I saw your blog on Nat's blog. My blog is powdrpeeps.blogspot.com/. My email is ashereeb@gmail.com. I can't believe you have 3 boys. YAY! Love ya!