My Picks


Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mouth Like a Sailor!!!


You know those days you wish you could just stop....rewind....redo? Well last Saturday was one of those days for me.

I had a church softball game last Saturday. So the first inning starts, Awesome! I made it to home plate. Then we are outfield and I step up to pitch. I pitch and the catcher caught it. Well, just before she threw it back to me, I looked to first and was temporarily blinded by the sun. I turn back just as she throws it to me, only....... I couldn't see where the ball was going. That's okay, I think to myself, I'll just guess where the ball is going. BAD GUESS!!! The ball went right under my mitt and hit me in the mouth. My tooth went through my lip and I knocked a tooth slightly loose, but at the time, this is how it went down in my mind...

It went something like this......

Crap, another hit to the mouth, more stitches and broken teeth, just like in highschool when I had a bad cheerleading accident and caught a girl by myself with my head. I broke her fall and paid for it. That day is still gone from the memory bank because I suffered a pretty severe concussion, broken teeth, and stitches in my lip. I raved like a lunatic all day about weird things and kept asking the same questions over and over again. My brain was spinning.

As you can possibly imagine, after getting hit with the softball on Saturday, that I might be a little frustrated with what possibly may have to be endured, and at that moment, as irrational as my thinking may have been, I lost it. I was peeved and started raving like a lunatic the following: #@%$ it is always my mouth DA#@%T!! I threw my mitt down and left the field.

My loving husband, probably so embarrassed is trying to calm me down saying, "Would you quit acting like I would if this was me?"

After calming down, I realized that I had just acted like an idiot, and wait.... was that a church softball game that I just rattled off a few choice words at? Yip! It was.

At this time, I am thinking maybe it would have been better if I had gotten a concussion out of the deal, at least then, I wouldn't remember raving like a lunatic.

All is good with no broken teeth and a fat lip that is getting better but the moral of this story is....

When you are going to act like an idiot... try to get a concussion first!!!

Out!!

11 comments:

Kimbie said...

Well at least your lip didn't get as fat as when you got your concussion. Oh, what's Tiffs number again ;)

Kelly said...

Come on now...it was hot. Everyone wants an Angelina Jolie lip...no wait. You would want two not just one...or one half. yeah.

Natalie said...

I totally remeber that accident you had in High school!!! My how the years pass.... That's crazy. Ya we need to get together and do a BBQ w/Charlotte and eveyone, but NOT Jen Park... When is a good time for you? In August?? Call me and let me know.

Trista and Peter said...

"Hey guys. Guess what! Did you know that I got my driver's license today? ...Hey guys, guess what! Did you know that I got my driver's license today?..."
Oh, wait. That was what you kept repeating last time you got hit in the mouth.

Natalie said...

Hey by the way---Happy Birthday yesterday :)

Meg said...

Thanks for the advice. I am sure that you are not the only person to cuss at a church sporting event, isn't that why they have church basketball??

I hope you had a great birthday! Love you.

Angela said...

Thanks Tris,

And I didn't get my drivers license that day. I don't think they would have let me set butt into a car behind the wheel that day. I got my drivers license four days before that and didn't remember turning 16.

P.S. Kelly, Angelina had to go get injections to get lips that big, I am all natural.

Kelly said...

Whatever Ang, she may have gotten injections, but you had "softball enhancement!"

Angela said...

Very True but it was very affordable so I didn't go into debt over it.

Amberli said...

hmmm, that charles barkley lip looks familiar!

Merianne said...

Hi Angie, I found your blog off Amy's. So glad to be reconnected with you after all these years. Seeing your hurt lip reminded me of high school during cheerleading practice. I still share your broken nose story with all my friends. That was so scary (yet funny at the same time now that i look back on it).
You've got a beautiful family!