My Picks


Friday, March 7, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes (Part 1)

So I was going back and reading out of the journals I started for each of my kids when they were little of little funny things that they say or cute things they do. Yes, I am now two or three years behind so I need to be better. I was laughing at some of the different things that my kids have said and wanted to share one or two with you.

A few years back, when Maysen was probably 4 years old, he was in the back seat of the car and my little brother had asked me to take his friend Steve home. All the way there in the car, Maysen kept staring at Steve. I kind of wondered what was up with that.

After Steve got out of my car, Maysen asked my little brother if that was Steve. My brother, Austin, replied, "Yes." Maysen then proceeded to ask, "If that is Steve, then where is side table drawer.?" My little brother's friend Steve was wearing a green striped t-shirt with two different shades of green and had dark hair. He looked a lot like Steve from Blue's Clues. I could see how a 4 year old could be confused by that.

Another time, Brad was trying to leave for work when Logan jumped out in front of the door and said,"No, you can't go to work, you have to stay home with us." Brad told him that he wished he could stay home with us but he had to go to work. Logan then proceeded to get his mean face on (those of you that know him well, know which face I am talking about) and said, "Dad, do you wanna piece of me?" I guess children really do repeat what they hear as Brad and I joke in that manner a lot.

Okay, I just edited this post because I originally wasn't going to post this next story as I would not want to offend anyone reading it. After some thinking, I decided that I would take that risk and post it anyway.

About three years ago, Maysen said something and referred to his chest as breasts. I then explained that women had breasts and men had pecks. He then said," So Aubrey's mom next door has pecks right?" I reminded him again that women had breasts not pecks. He got really upset and said, " NO she doesn't mom, she has pecks. There is nothing there and her chest is flat like mine. She has pecks."

So to all you women out there who are flat chested, sorry. Okay, let's be truthful, no I'm not. Besides it can be just as hard to have the exact opposite problem.

4 comments:

Tiercy said...

oh these stories are too funny. i bet a book compiled of stories like that would make for a good coffee table book. Those are too cute. And, yes, unfortunately I know too well about the opposite problem of pecks.

Kelly said...

I miss Steve too...who's that other annoying guy? LOL...

Angela said...

That would be Joe, He is just so not right for the part you know what I mean. He's like a rooster whenever he turns his head. He cocks it from one side to the other. It is rather annoying.

Mikki said...

I am glad that you included the last story too. That's funny stuff! :)