My Picks


Monday, March 3, 2008

Just another Day in Paradise?

So the day began as any other day. The sun shining in through the windows and the sound of birds chirping to awaken you from a full, restful night of sleep. NOT!

Waking up to a child shaking you saying "Mom I"m hungry, after a night of one child in your bed laying the wrong way kicking you and your husband out of the bed giving you only a small sliver of space to sleep, or better yet , making you sleep at the other end, or move out to the couch.

So I started into the normal ritual of life and got the toddler a yogurt. I set him up to the table to eat it. I still had not had time to take a potty break for myself yet so I decide to indulge myself for that two minutes of pure serenity in the bathroom. (If you count the other child pounding on the door the whole time serenity.) I was gone for two minutes, TWO MINUTES. What the.....

I came back to a child who had climbed off his chair, went into the office and was flinging yogurt all over everything, including the Dog.













Okay, I say to myself, just let it go and move on with your day, and as I am cleaning it up, yip you guessed it, he was off on another venture.

With Marker in hand, he drew a masterpiece on one of the doors in the house. Can anyone say "Terrible Two's"?
So I put him in time out but I really don't think he cared much.
Seriously, what happened to my sweet, sweet baby? He's got to be in there somewhere right?

By this time I'm thinking of how worn out I am and was thinking it's okay, the day is almost over. Oh what, it's only 10:00 A.M. Aw Crap! Well, the day can't get much worse than this right? Wrong! As the day wore on, we had plenty of tantrums, some big, some little.

By the time the day was nearing its end, I decide to go to my sisters to have her color my hair. Maybe this will help with my sanity. Bad idea. The kids had full reign of the house and sure enough, halfway through the color, we have to rinse it out and head to the Instacare as the toddler has cut his head and has a huge hematoma the size of Texas above his right eye. I actually think it was also the shape of Texas as whatever he hit his head on, engraved the shape of that object into his head.

Luckily, he didn't need stitches after all but my hair was in serious need of some desperate help. I wasn't about to walk around with half my head colored for much longer so I talk my sister into letting me come over after my hubby was home and the kids sound asleep.

I did get the pampering I needed and much deserved after the day I had just endured. Too bad in order to get the pampering I needed, I had to do it at midnight. Oh well, I'll take it when I can get it.

I finally get home and to sleep by 3:00 A.M. just to be up in 3 1/2 hours to do it all again.

To all you moms out there, keep up the good work, and always remember "And this too shall Pass".You are doing a great job!!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Trey Trey...oh what shall we do with this boy? LOL...at least you'll never fall asleep while he's holding a marker!

Tiercy said...

Days like this sure don't make the top 10 list, but for some reason we remember them. Poor guy, poor mom. I hope you get more sleep.

Alisha said...

Trey is such an adorable cutie pie. I wouldn't have guessed all this to happen behind closed doors. At least you'll be able to bring experiences like these up in his teenage years!
Trey: "Why won't you let me go to the party??? You're so controlling!"
You: "Same reason you had as a kid to plaster the dog with yogurt and draw on my walls!!! To give you Hell 'cause I can! (Plus it's part of my job description!)"

zfam said...

Oh ang! Those poty breakes will kill ya. haha You need to establish a theme song that you play in your head on days like this (that is a good idaea i should follow my own advise). love ya & cute blog.

Mikki said...

I am super impressed with photo documentation. You know that you have a sense of humor when you can take picutures of the yogurt on the piano and the drawing on the door. Now that picture of the dog with the yogurt.... you would be a stiff not to take the photo. Quite the day Ang! :) You're a warrior!

Not quite the Bradys said...

Oh my goodness, Ang! You poor woman. Kids- our greatest joys. And trials. You're a good mom.

Anonymous said...

Aaaahhh! The Memories.